The Software Engineer will help with design of our next generation of software applications from conceptualization through implementation. Including communication control, monitoring and display of IP video over Ethernet interfaces. Responsibilities include the specification, design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of real-time, user interface software applications. The candidate will work closely with engineering, marketing and end users to implement control software with a very strong user centered design.
Knox Video Technologies, a Moog company, Gaithersburg, MD.
- Substantial real-time software with hardware experience.
- Video and Audio processing, including encoding, decoding, maintaining synchronization, streaming and buffer limits.
- Experience implementing and using various digital video/broadcast standards and protocols including MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.
- In-depth knowledge of network communication protocols.
- Fully understands Video over IP industry standards.
- Significant experience with a wide variety of computer programming languages.
- Background in software design, documentation and implementation.
- The candidate will work on detailed design (using UML methodologies) to formulate detailed functional and technical requirements.
- Accomplished developing mockups and producing detailed specifications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and convey design ideas.
- B.S. in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5 or more years experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Travel is minimal.
How to apply:
Email your resume to Jobs at Knox Video Technologies. Include the words Software Engineer Position in the Subject.